PICC's profile is determined by three strategic themes that are pursued bringing together the competences of the Fribourg science & technology hub.
- Fabrication : The transformation of plastic resins into finished or semi-finished products by injection moulding and extrusion for the development of high value-added applications.
- Enhancing : Adding value by functionalizing plastic products, developping novel synthetic organic plastics and processing technologies to foster a circular nature-inspired economy.
- Digitalisation : Modelling and numerical simulation of plastic processing and product performance to speed up innovation.
PICC supports the members of the Swiss Plastics Cluster (SPC) with technical consulting and specialized trainings :
- PICC delivers industry-relevant technology solutions to foster economic growth.
- PICC leverages science and technology knowledge with the innovative power of global partnerships in high value-added applications.
- PICC performs world-leading R&D in plastics material development, processing and application design.
- PICC’s international top-talent is committed to provide building blocks that better the quality of life in a sustainable environment.
- PICC transfers knowledge and technology through training and specialized courses.